Become a qualified Driving Instructor in Western Australia
If you are interested in becoming a Driving Instructor, we have all of the info below.
How do I get a driving instructors licence?
The Government of Western Australia Department of Transport may issue Driving Instructor licences to applicants who;
- Hold a recognised Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport - Car Driving Instruction) - TLI41216 (National Qualification); or
- Pass a WA Department of Transport Theory and Practical Test
Indi Drive trainer’s help individuals become driving instructors through both methods listed above. For more information on either training process please contact Jazmin on 0484 220 888 or email email@example.com.
Indi Drive are pleased to offer the Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) in Western Australia.
Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport - Car Driving Instruction) - TLI41216
The Certificate IV is the current qualification required by the WA Department of Transport in lieu of the practical and theory. The Certificate IV in Driving Instruction is the highest qualification available for a driving instructor.
A note about quality
Indi Drive assessors regularly engage with the WA Department of Transport Compliance Team to ensure the Practical Driving Assessment meets both the National Standard of Driving Instruction as well as all WA standards. RMS Training & Recruitment (RTO number 51105) are authorised to issue this certificate in Western Australia.
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted Australian C class Licence for 3 years or more.
- Ful fill all of the relevant state or territory regulatory requirements.
- The instructor’s language, literacy and numeracy skills are expected to be equivalent to level 3 of the National Reporting System, which identifies adult English language, literacy and numeracy language indicators of competence.
-TLI41216 Certificate IV - Full Course Fee - $3,300
If you already hold a relevant existing qualification you may be eligible to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
-RPL for TAE40110 Qualification - $2,300
-RPL for holders of Driving Instructors Licence - $1,200
Full time: 2 Weeks
Part Time: Flexible to your schedule
Theory Training is conducted in Joondalup or Malaga depending in course numbers and applicant location. When possible, practical training will be conducted close to the applicant’s home suburb (NOR). Applicants will be required to travel for training.
This qualification has 12 core units of competency
- BSBRKG304- Maintain business records
- TAEDEL301A- Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDES401A- Design and develop learning programs
- TLIC1051- Operate commercial vehicle
- TLIC3036- Apply safe car driving behaviours
- TLIF1001- Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIG2007- Work in a socially diverse environment
- TLII1002- Apply customer service skills
- TLIL2060- Complete induction to the transport industry
- TLIL4009- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- TLIM0001- Conduct learner driver training
- TLIM4001- Develop safe car driving behaviours in others
What to expect from your Training:
The course is delivered in small groups and at times on a 1-1 level. Course participants are encouraged to learn at their own pace as we can arrange training times based on individual needs. This course involves mostly practical training with some theory days.
Training will include the following components:
- Driver training with a professional instructor who will train you to drive to a driving instructor standard.
- Step by step tuition on how to teach “L platers” including;
cabin drill, blind spot demonstration, push pull steering, friction point, gear changing, system of vehicle control, leaving and returning to the kerb, lane changing, left and right turns, set position parking, “I’ve left something behind”, reverse parallel parking, hill starts/stops, “stop for shopping”, merging, log book requirements, mock tests and preparation for department of transport student assessments.
- Control of the vehicle while a student is driving including emergency situations, taking evasive action and using the controls to teach a student new skills.
- Sitting in on ‘live’ student lessons with an experienced instructor.
- Learning how to read students behaviour through body language
- How to retain students and attract new business
The course is based around the WA Department of Transport standards to ensure every participant understands current legislation and assessment criteria.
The Certificate IV is Nationally recognised with materials provided by
The following Information is taken from the Training Package. www.training.gov.au
This qualification has been structured to align with applicable car driving licensing and regulatory requirements for each state or territory. Successful completion will require competency in units that relate to work defined as aligned at AQF Level 4.