Become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor in Western Australia
If you are interested in becoming a Driving Instructor, we have all of the info below.
How do I get a Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructors licence?
Indi Drive are pleased to offer the Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Driving Instruction) in Western Australia.
Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Driving Instruction) – TLI41316
The Certificate IV is the current qualification required by the WA Department of Transport in lieu of the practical and theory. The Certificate IV in Heavy Vehicle Driving Instruction is the highest qualification available in this category.
- Possess a current, full and unrestricted Australian Light Rigid Driver Licence/Endorsement (as a minimum). Learners (trainee instructors) must hold the licence/endorsement pertinent to the relevant vehicle category being: Light Rigid, Medium Rigid, Heavy Rigid, Heavy Combination or Multi-Combination.
- Fulfil all relevant state or territory regulatory requirements.
- The instructor’s language, literacy and numeracy skills are expected to be equivalent to level 3 of the National Reporting System, which identifies adult English language, literacy and numeracy language indicators of competence.
-TLI41316 Certificate IV – Full Course Fee – $3,500
If you already hold a relevant existing qualification you may be eligible to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
-RPL for TAE Qualification – $2,500
Approximately 2 weeks. Full time and Part Time options available, flexible to your schedule.
Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Heavy Vehicle Instruction) – TLI41316 training is conducted in Malaga.
This qualification has 14 core units of competency
- BSBRKG304- Maintain business records
- TAEDEL301A- Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDES401A- Design and develop learning programs
- TLIC4006- Drive multi-combination vehicle
- TLIF1001- Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010- Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF4066- Implement and supervise transport regulations compliance systems
- TLIG2007- Work in a socially diverse environment
- TLII1002- Apply customer service skills
- TLIL2060- Complete induction to the transport industry
- TLIL4009- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- TLIM0002- Conduct heavy vehicle learner driver training
- TLIM4002- Develop safe heavy vehicle driving behaviours in others
Industry Elective Units
- TLIC2002- Drive light rigid vehicle
- TLIC3003- Drive medium rigid vehicle
- TLIC3004- Drive heavy rigid vehicle
- TLIC3005- Drive heavy combination vehicle
- TLIC3037- Apply safe heavy vehicle driving behaviours
Qualification Description www.training.gov.au
This is a qualification for those engaged in heavy vehicle driving instructor job roles within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
It includes the performance of a broad range of skilled applications including requirements to evaluate and analyse current practices, to develop new criteria and procedures for performing current practices, and to provide some leadership and guidance to others in applying skills and planning skill development.
This qualification is currently cited as meeting part of the requirements for certification as a Heavy Vehicle Driving Instructor, as defined by relevant state/territory licensing and regulatory requirements.